Here’s a quiz from Karen at nothingbutknit.
1. What was the last food you ate? SunRype Chocolate Chip Bites
2. Do you sleep with socks on? If I’m cold, but usually not.
3. Worst physical pain you’ve had? Gallbladder attacks
4. Favourite place you have ever been? Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
5. How late did you stay up last night? I went to bed at 8:15 and I was snoozing on the couch before that. I’m a little under the weather.
6. If you could move somewhere else, where would it be? Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
7. What is your favourite sport? I don’t have one but I would like to cultivate an appreciation for a sport and a fandom for a team. Maybe curling.
8. When was the last time you cried? It’s been a few months.
9. Who took your profile pic? I did.
10. Two of your favourite movies? There are so many good movies, it’s hard to choose. Auntie Mame is one of my all time favorites, as well as Nosferatu by Werner Herzog.
11. What’s your favourite season? Autumn
12. If you could have any career what would it be? I love my career but one thing more I would like to do in my lifetime is knitting pattern designer.
13. What was the last book you read? It Was a Dark and Stormy Knit.
14. If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be? My Dad
15. Are you a good influence on other people? I think so. I try to encourage people to accept themselves as they are and also inspire them to be the best they can be. That’s good, right?
16. Does pineapple belong on a pizza? If there is ham, then yes.
17. You have the remote, what show is on? I just finished The Bay on BritBox, and just started watching Blandings. Hilarious.
18. Last text message: Catchy
19. What’s the last concert you’ve been to? SaltfishForty
20. Favorite food: The Universe has conspired against me enjoying my favorite food of all time which is cheese.
21. Favorite album all-time? Josephine Foster and the Supposed “All the Leaves are Gone”. When I think about listening to it I imagine the scene in Mars Attacks! when the aliens’ brains quiver and explode to Slim Whitman music, only it’s my brain and it feels good.
22. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
23. Have you ever drank alcohol? Yes, I like good wine with food, hard cider, mead, and beer (although I can only have gluten free beer). Also, it’s “drunk”. Also I try not to drink very often because it’s a depressant. See number 25 below.
24. Did you go to college? Yes. I worked my way through college and it took me nine years to get my bachelors degree. I’m proud of that.
25. Have you ever experienced depression? Yes, it started with post partum depression after my second child and has continued as clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. Yes, I take medication and have accepted that in order to fulfill my potential for a life well lived I will probably have to stay on medication the rest of my life. And I’m ok with it.
Please join in. The more the merrier. Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link if you’re posting it on your blog so we can read your answers.
My Blue Ribbon Beanie got a little stretched out on my trip. I thought, “I know! I’ll put it in a lingerie bag and wash it on cold WITH A LOAD OF JEANS and then reblock it!” It felted right up! Of course. The good news is it still fits. The bad news is it has lost its jauntiness.
Before I took my expensive wool knit fabric to the studio to sew my Ace, I thought I should probably wash it which led to me thinking, “I know! I’ll put it in a lingerie bag and wash it on cold WITH A LOAD OF JEANS and hang it up to dry!” And yes, it felted. I don’t know if I have enough to make Ace now.
I think I have finally learned my lesson.
PS: Happy Halloween! I accidentally turned my comments off for this post, but they are back on again, in case you want to leave one.