In the spirit of thankfulness for this wonderful online knitting community, and in the context of Thanksgiving — the season of food — I am going to respond to Karen’s last two quizzes about food in one post!
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a favorite dessert that you can’t pass up?
- If you were on a deserted island and could have only one food besides the fish and coconuts on the island what would it be?
- What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- Is there a food you wish you could make?
- If you could go out to eat today, what restaurant would you go to? What would you order?
- We already talked about the best meal we’ve ever eaten? What is the worst?
- Do you have fond memories of a bygone restaurant? Did you have a favorite meal you miss?
- When I was a kid it was a huge deal to go out to eat. What childhood restaurant memory do you have?
- Fast food and casual dining restaurants are all the rage in the US. Do you have a favorite? How about one you avoid?
- My favorite food used to be pizza, but now that I can no longer eat gluten or mozzarella, it’s tacos.
- My favorite dessert is creme brûlée.
- If I were stranded on a deserted island, I would require chocolate.
- I think I’m going to have to agree with Kathy B and say Cattleman’s Steakhouse in Oklahoma City: filet mignon, wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing, loaded baked potato, and coconut cream pie.
- I wish I could make crepes. I would make chicken and mushroom crepes for dinner and strawberry crepes for dessert.
- If I could go out to eat today I would go to Addi’s Ethiopian Restaurant and order a Veggie Lovers Platter. But we would have to call 24 hours ahead so they can make gluten-free Injera for us.
- The worst meal I have ever eaten happened on the way home from Wisconsin in January this year. My colleague and I stopped off in a small town and went to an Asian restaurant. It was not only the worst Asian food I’ve ever eaten, it was the worst food I’ve ever eaten. It was a greasy pile of barely recognizable ingredients loaded with MSG. And we found out Dave may be allergic to shellfish. And the cashier was surly.
- I miss Rubio’s Fish Tacos from when I lived in Southern California. I also miss seaside lobster dinners from Villa Ortega’s in Puerto Nuevo, Baja California, Mexico. Apparently I like lobster. Maybe I should make lobster crepes.
- I took French when I was in junior high and high school, and we would sometimes have an “expérience culturelle” field trip, and the class would go to La Madeleine or The Magic Pan. This is why I want to make crepes.
- I don’t eat fast food, mainly because I can’t eat most fast food. I did have a meal from Outback Steakhouse when I was traveling in August, and it wasn’t bad. I had it delivered to my hotel room. I’m not sure what qualifies as casual dining, but I get take out weekly from our local Mexican place Day Y Noche.
Let us know if you will be joining in on the food quiz!