This is my new list for a Year of Projects 2021-2022. My goal this year is not to deviate from the list too much. (Wish me luck!) You can find out more about the group here (Rav link). I’ve enjoyed being part of this group. I’m thankful Liz mentioned it to me!
- I have a solo show in September 2021, and I need to make a body of work for this show. My goal is ten pieces. Eight are finished. I have two more to finish before September.
- I am growing flax, madder, indigo, and tansy. This year I would like to ret the flax and weave a wall hanging with the linen on my tapestry loom, maybe including some natural dyeing.
- Milkshake Cardigan
- The Lonely Heart is a Hunter Mystery Knit Along (Rav link)
- Kiki Cardigan in Tarheelbilly Farm Tunis
- Arrowhead Cardigan (Ravelry Link) in Lettlopi
- Celtic Myths Shawl. I am so close to finishing this.
- Breton Red Cardigan to match my raglan plaid dress
- Skipwith in black Rauma Finullgarn
- Hansel Hap in Ramsay Farms fawn katmoget Shetland with Jamieson and Smiths for trim colors
- Peerie Flooers. I have the J&S Shetland yarn for the original version of this that you can see in the show Shetland.
- Hearth Rug in Black Welsh Mountain Bulky
- Celtic Tree Handwarmers
- Cemetery Drive Cowl (Ravelry link)
- The Oa (Rav link)
- Teal Niamh (Rav link)
- Pink Rhodes
- Long sleeve Treit in Foxglove
- Shoalwater Shaw (Rav link)
- Sunset Slouch
- Cabin Kitchen Towel Set (Rav link)
- Strom Cardigan
- Aurora Borealis Cowl
- Less Is More Cowl
- Peace Fleece Ronan in Siberian Midnight (Ravelry link)
- Taxus Mitts in Tukuwool Fingering (Ravelry link)
- Best Loved Shawl in Knitting Goddess Berry BFL-Masham (Ravelry link)
- Undulation Shawl in Shilasdair Tansy
- Straw Cardigan in Tukuwool DK
- ‘Onipa’a Shawl (Rav link) in Mindful Folk yarn
- Two A-line Tees in batiked cottons for summer
- Ophelia Overalls in Purl linen, teal corduroy, and navy wool flannel
- Pietra Pants in indigo linen
- Lily blouse in lavender linen
- A wrap skirt/kilt with this plaid flannel
- Piedra Dress in Headless Horseman fabric
- Emerson shorts in natural linen
Listening to Music Intentionally
Contrary to how I was in my youth, I have become a passive music listener — listening to whatever is on our local NPR station during the day while working (which is usually pretty good). So I’m going to continue listening to music with intention as part of my Year of Projects goals. Recently, I got excited about the new Sparks Brothers movie coming out (which we are going to see tonight). I found out that some of my friends had never heard of Sparks, which surprised me. They’ve been around a long time. However, I hadn’t really listened to them since the 1980’s. So I have a lot of new Sparks music to discover! Here’s one that is new to me that I am enjoying right now.