1. Happy Election Day, Canada!
2. I have eaten more potato chips in the last two weeks than I would normally eat in two months.
3. There is a sheiling in Cape Breton Highlands National Park. It was built in 1942 as a monument. It’s still pretty cool.
4. We hiked 6 miles today in beautiful and varied terrain.
5. If you look carefully at the next photograph, you will see the moon.
Yesterday didn’t work out as planned. The sailing tours stopped mid-October, and only go out when they have a group booked (like tour buses and cruise ships).
We hiked the Uisge Ban Falls Trail instead, which was wonderful, after lunch at The Freight Shed in Baddeck.
This is my first lobster roll, which they graciously served to me on a gluten free bun. We haven’t had any trouble at restaurants finding accommodations for allergies, and there’s always a vegetarian option for Bob in addition to salad. Saturday I had gluten free fish cakes and sweet beans (baked beans) which is another traditional meal.
We are cooking most of our own meals at the Airbnb to save on cost and for convenience, but our few meals out have been very good. This will explain any pounds I’ve put on during my vacation, although we have also been hiking frequently.
Today our plan is to hike Skyline Trail, which is part of the Cabot Trail. I should have some lovely photos to share tomorrow.