1. Happy Election Day, Canada!
2. I have eaten more potato chips in the last two weeks than I would normally eat in two months.
3. There is a sheiling in Cape Breton Highlands National Park. It was built in 1942 as a monument. It’s still pretty cool.
4. We hiked 6 miles today in beautiful and varied terrain.
5. If you look carefully at the next photograph, you will see the moon.
Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving and also our 7th wedding anniversary! We hiked Middle Head, a bit of the Cabot Trail near Ingonish, then had a lovely dinner with Bob’s folks.
After that we went to another Celtic Colours concert and I found a new to me band that I really like, Kinnaris Quintet. I bought the CD. That’s how much I liked them.
The drive to the trail was an hour and a half there and then back again, so I knit several rounds on my Weekender.
Today we’re taking it easy. No hikes today, just a few errands and knitting and movies and leftovers.