Below is an updated half-year list that I will continue to edit as I complete and add new items. Scroll all the way to the bottom for my resolution. Don’t feel like you need to look at my list unless you want to.
- I have a solo show in September 2021, and I need to make a body of work for this show. My goal is 12 pieces. 4/12 finished.
- I’m dyeing my own wool for this work. Above is sky blue and a mix of spruce and kelly green I’m calling Black Forest. Next up is a deep, rich brown. These are two different fibers: merino and shetland. They take the dye a little differently.
Finished Fiber Art
- Malabrigo Anniversario Rikke Hat – I bought this yarn when I was in OKC.
- Arrowhead Cardigan (Ravelry Link) in Lettlopi
- Celtic Myths Shawl. I am so close to finishing this.
- Water Shawl KAL
- Breton Red Cardigan to match my raglan plaid dress
- Skipwith in black Rauma Finullgarn (Ravelry link)
- Hansel Hap
- Peerie Flooers. I have the J&S Shetland yarn for the original version of this that you can see in the show Shetland.
- Hearth Rug in Black Welsh Mountain Bulky
- Celtic Tree Handwarmers. I haven’t swatched or cast on yet, but would love to have them done by fall.
- Gryffindor Winter Ferns Hat. I haven’t swatched or cast on.
- The Oa. Cast on but languishing. I still want to knit it. In other words, I won’t be frogging it.
- Teal Niamh. I purchased some Nomad Noos High Mountain Yak yarn for this in a moment of weakness. At least I got the Fruity Knitting discount.
- Pink Rhodes
- Shoalwater Shaw
- Hot Waffles Hat and Mitts. I have some beautiful blue yarn for this.
- Sunset Slouch
- Cabin Kitchen Towel Set
- Strom Cardigan
- Aurora Borealis Cowl
- Less Is More Cowl
- Peace Fleece Ronan in Siberian Midnight (Ravelry link)
- Taxus Mitts in Tukuwool Fingering (Ravelry link)
- Best Loved Shawl in Knitting Goddess Berry BFL-Masham (Ravelry link)
- Getting Warmer in Handdyed Red Kenyan Merino (silent auction prize)
- Kenora Toque
- Moondrake Advent Litmus Cowl (Ravelry project link)
- Blue Turtledove
- Paris (Twilight Tunis) Toujours Shawl (also dyed the yarn in a gradient for this)
- Deschain Tee
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks
- Pride Socks
- Purple emPower Bandaner
- Shetland Tweed Throw
- Arachne Sweater
- Four Square Cowl
- Mistletoe Kisses Socks
- Pumpkin Spice Latte socks
- Broom Riding Cowl
- Halloween Socks
- Trans Pride Socks
- Accidental Autumn Barley Light Hat
- Rikke Hat
- Meep the Christmas Mouse
- Midnight Merino Raglan Frogged
I’m going to knit this eyelet tunic design in the Blacker linen merino, I think.
Updated Sewing List
- Water Shawl KAL project bags
- Yates Coat in navy wool.
- Cotton Twill Ottobre Pants. I have navy stretch twill and gray twill fabric for these.
- A wrap skirt with this plaid flannel!
- Knitting alpacas PJ set
- Another Rachel Blouse In blue paisley cotton
- More PJ pants for spring
- Raglan Dress in blue shirting and eggplant linen
- Ophelia Overalls in brown twill and teal corduroy
- Raglan Dress in plaid flannel
- Ace top, two versions (one shown above)
- Billie jumpsuit
- Enchanted Kimono Robe
- Poudre linen curtains. Only one to go!
- Coffee filters
- Knitting Sheep flannel PJ pants
- Halloween Rachel blouse
- Winter Solstice project bag
- Water project bag
- Manatee tote bag
I canceled my lessons because I wasn’t doing them. My new goal will be to practice fingering and scales when I feel like it.
Not into it right now. Back burner.
My One Resolution for 2021
I don’t normally make resolutions, but this year I’m going to listen to more music, intentionally. I normally listen to music all day while I’m working, but it’s the local public radio station. I like the music they play, but it’s passive listening. And I listen to Celtic fiddle music when I run.
For New Year’s Eve, Bob and I watched the first movie we bonded over. There’s a song in it by Gogol Bordello, and it’s kind of an ear worm, but I love it. So yesterday, I listened to a Gogol Bordello Essentials playlist while I vacuumed the house and had a really good time singing along.
My friend Sharon recommended I watch that movie, so she kind of started the whole thing. She’s blogging again, so check it out if you feel like it. I hope she will turn her comments on.