I finished my Pumqueen Cardi this week! I hope to have finished my Halloween Livie shawl by next week.
I spent most of my week dyeing this gorgeous kit for an up and coming knitting pattern designer. We’re both pleased with how it came out. I’m particularly happy with the black. This is nonsuperwash merino and silk fingering weight yarn.
I had a black dye bath to exhaust, so decided to try my hand at dyeing fiber for spinning. This is some merino sliver from my stash. Of course I went for Halloween colors. I’ve dyed wool fiber for felting but not for spinning, so we’ll see how this spins up.
I finished spinning and plying this Blue Faced Leicester (BFL) fiber from a local farm, and I love it. I think my spinning is getting more even. I enjoyed working with this fiber so much, I’m going to try dyeing it and then offering it in the shop for spinners.
This has been a Year of Projects (YOP) update. You can read my updated list here, and my original list at this link. You can find out more about the group on Ravelry or Backstage Kath’s YOP bloggers list.