This has become a favorite recipe using the gluten-free sourdough starter, so I thought I should record it for posterity.
- 1 cup gluten-free sourdough starter
- 2 cups gluten-free one to one flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plant butter or ghee)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- olive oil, plant butter, or ghee
Mix ingredients well. Separate into eight balls of dough. Set aside and cover in a warm place to rest and rise for 1-2 hours.
Preheat cast iron skillet or tortilla grill on high. Using hands covered in olive oil flatten each of the dough balls to about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle a little kosher salt, fresh cilantro, and garlic onto one side. Pan fry in oil or grill one at a time until golden brown on both sides. Serve warm. These can be reheated as needed.