I love the French Press Felted Slippers pattern by Melynda Bernardo (Ravelry link). I have always fantasized about dressing up for a New Year’s Eve party, but I don’t think I ever have. I feel like 2020 is the year for dressing up at home with some comfy but fancy slippers. I might make these in a sparkly yarn and put a rhinestone button on them.
This is my last December HoliDaily. I really enjoyed posting a festive pattern everyday in December. I hope you enjoyed it, too, and that it wasn’t spammy. Just a reminder that I don’t get compensated in any way for anything I share. I do it for my own enjoyment.
I enjoyed my yarn advent photo taking so much, I had a calendar made. It’s hanging in my studio. I will use it to plan my projects in 2021.
I’ve noticed other bloggers wrapping up the year with a list of completed projects. I think that sounds like the perfect New Year’s Eve post for 2020.
Two pieces completed. I’m not going to post pics of new pieces since they are for a gallery show in September 2021.
- Paris (Twilight Tunis) Toujours Shawl (also dyed the yarn in a gradient for this)
- Deschain Tee
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks
- Pride Socks
- Purple emPower Bandaner
- Shetland Tweed Throw
- Arachne Sweater
- Four Square Cowl
- Mistletoe Kisses Socks. I’m determined to finish these today even though JoJo chewed my needle and I had to cut the cable to get the knitting off, it was so mangled, and switched to double points.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte socks
- Broom Riding Cowl
- Halloween Socks
- Trans Pride Socks
- Accidental Autumn Barley Light Hat
- Rikke Hat
- Meep the Christmas Mouse
Looking back, I wish I would have completed more sweaters. I guess two isn’t bad!
- Ace top, two versions (one shown above)
- Billie jumpsuit
- Enchanted Kimono Robe
- Poudre linen curtains. Only one to go!
- Coffee filters
- Knitting Sheep flannel PJ pants
- Halloween Rachel blouse
- Winter Solstice project bag
In 2021, I’d like to sew more garments: another Rachel blouse, some pants, and a wool coat. And more PJ pants!
I hope you have something fun planned for New Year’s Eve. We’re still trying to figure out what to eat for dinner tonight, but at least we’ll have pie, both mince and chocolate! Happy New Year!