I finished my Broom Riding Cowl. I love the way it turned out. Here is the other side.
My tension and gauge are a little loose. I may try to felt it a bit, but it’s superwash merino so it probably won’t. Pattern is Broom Riding Cowl by Vanessa Ewing. Yarn is Slutty Pumpkin DK from Less Traveled Yarn and Earl Grey Beatitude from Forbidden Fibers.
This broom was a gift from my friend Iderah, but it’s too small to ride. I would model but the cowl is still a little damp. I hope I enjoy wearing this cowl as much as I enjoy looking at it.
1. What’s the spookiest TV show you have ever watched?
2. Have you watched the new season of Unsolved Mysteries? For that matter, did you watch any of the many, many old seasons of Unsolved Mysteries? If yes on any of that, do you find this a spooky show?
3. Do you watch any ghost hunting show? What is your opinion on these shows – fiction, plausible, don’t know?
4. Are there any genres of horror movies you can’t/won’t watch?
5. What kind of horror movies do you enjoy and why?
1. The spookiest TV show I have ever watched would have to be Kolchak: The Night Stalker. X Files is a close second.
2. Yes, I have watched the new season of Unsolved Mysteries and I enjoyed it. I’m not sure if I’ve watched old seasons, but I would probably like them too.
3. I loved the original Ghost Hunters series. That’s the only ghost hunting show I can watch without bursting into laughter.
4. I will not watch slasher films. I don’t think they are scary and I find the violence gratuitous.
5. I enjoy paranormal horror films. I believe there is more to this world than we understand and I find paranormal horror fascinating and thrilling. If kids are involved in a horror story, sometimes that bothers me, like the film Sinister which is on our October watch list. It was a good film, though.
I thought this was a good time to update our watch list for Halloween! These are in no particular order. Some are favorites we watch every year and some are new to us this year. There are a few on this list I would not recommend.
Movies We Watched in October
- The Witch
- Shadow of the Vampire
- It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Salem’s Lot
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Hubie Halloween
- The Blob
- The Mothman Prophecies
- The Dead Don’t Die
- Troll Hunter
- The Shrine
- Books of Blood
- Vampires vs The Bronx
- The Blackcoat’s Daughter
- Trick’R Treat
- Gretel & Hansel
- The People Under the Stairs
- Ava’s Possessions
- An American Haunting
- Sleepy Hollow
- The Mothman of Point Pleasant
- Hocus Pocus
- Let’s Scare Jessica to Death
- The Last Broadcast
- The Binding
- Drag Me to Hell
- John Carpenter’s The Thing
Will you be watching something spooky tonight?