- I framed my felt piece and I love it. Thanks to everyone who left kind comments and bolstered my confidence. My friend Sharon said (in our Mother Artists at Work private group to everyone) “Be proud of your work!” She’s right. We should all be proud of our work.
2. I’m going to try to make 2-3 more pieces before the end of the year. This will help me gauge if a solo show next September is something I can manage.
3. I mended my favorite thrift store cardigan with the help of a Katrinkles’ Darning Loom. It accidentally? came out in the shape of Ohio. When Hannah told me she liked visible mending, I didn’t think I would like it. I was wrong. I like it! The gold is my turmeric dyed Cotswold. Also, elbow patch.
4. Bob and I hiked a total of 20 miles while we were on vacation. I will be applying these to my Move 4 Fair Trade mileage.
5. I voted by mail. I followed all of the instructions and took it in person to the post office. That was on October 7. I have been tracking my ballot, and it still hasn’t been marked as received. If my vote hasn’t been registered as counted by November 2, I guess I will be voting in person on November 3.
These are my anniversary gifts from Bob: a silly shirt that reflects my philosophy of life and the new Bill Callahan album.
Here is our Halloween watched list so far:
I will continue to add to this list and post it again at the end of the month.
- The Witch (an all time favorite)
- Shadow of the Vampire (another favorite)
- It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (twice so far)
- Salem’s Lot (This used to be a spooky favorite we watched for nostalgia reasons, but I noticed something this time that bothered me and I don’t think I will ever be able to watch it again.)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Hubie Halloween (We enjoyed this. It made us giggle and we are not ashamed.)
- Haunting of Bly Manor (I liked this but Bob kept falling asleep so I ended up finishing it by myself.)
- Los Espookys (Still rewatching Season 1 and getting ready for Season 2 to be released.)
- The Blob (I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, but to be fair I was riffing my way through it.)
- The Mothman Prophecies
- The Dead Don’t Die (Favorite)
- Troll Hunter (Favorite)
- The Shrine
- Books of Blood
- Vampires vs The Bronx
- Hereditary (a favorite any time of year)
- The Blackcoat’s Daughter
- Trick’R Treat
- Gretel & Hansel
- The People Under the Stairs
- Ava’s Possessions
- An American Haunting
- Sleepy Hollow
- The Mothman of Point Pleasant
Are you watching any spooky or spoopy stuff for Halloween?