I decided to jump in and join Year of Projects. I have been inspired by Liz’s updates, and I thought it might be good motivation for me to blog along with my ever expanding, massive list. I read the group rules, and it seems pretty easy going, so if I fail (indubitably) it will be no big deal.
Without further ado, here’s my list!
- I have a group show in November 2020, and I need to create a piece or small group of pieces for this. I have some ideas.
- I have a solo show in September 2021, and I need to make a body of work for this show. If I start on this now, it feels doable. I have some ideas. Once I have a firm concept for the show, I’ll make a sub-list of pieces.
Oh dear. Hold on to your butts. If it is on this list, it means I have the yarn.
- Pride Socks. Just one sock to go!
Purple emPower Bandaner. Almost done! This is a gift, so I probably won’t post an update until it’s been gifted.
- Shetland Tweed Throw. This is coming along. It’s enjoyable TV knitting.
- Arachne. Deadline Halloween, of course.
- Franca. For my Mom. I caked all the yarn today! This is unusual for me. I usually only cake up one or two hanks. But winding the yarn has become a real chore for me in my new house. I don’t have a permanent setup for it. So I decided to wind them all.
- Peerie Flooers. I have the J&S Shetland yarn for the original version of this that you can see in the show Shetland.
- Four Square Cowl. I could knock this out if I focused on it for a week. I would love to wear it this fall.
- Farmhouse Cardigan. This is the sweater I was so excited to get the Black Welsh Mountain yarn for. What an investment! But I cast on, made a mistake in my knitting, frogged it, and now it’s all sitting in a bag waiting to be cast on again.
- Midnight Merino Raglan. When I found out the pattern has you knit the pieces separately and sew them together, I lost interest. But hey. It’s my knitting and I can do it however I want! I need to remember that.
- Celtic Myths Shawl. I am so close to finishing this.
- Celtic Tree Handwarmers. I haven’t swatched or cast on yet, but would love to have them done by fall.
- Gryffindor Winter Ferns Hat. I haven’t swatched or cast on.
- Mistletoe Kisses Socks. These were supposed to be for the Christmas in July KAL, but since socks are my least favorite thing to knit, if I get them done by Christmas in December, I’ll consider it a win.
- The Oa. Cast on but languishing. I still want to knit it. In other words, I won’t be frogging it.
- Teal Niamh. I purchased some Nomad Noos High Mountain Yak yarn for this in a moment of weakness. At least I got the Fruity Knitting discount.
- Pink Rhodes. My goal for this is to cast on in January or February so it will be wafting-ready by April or May.
- Con Alma. Next spring?
- Seavaiger. Oh yes I did.
- Shoalwater Shawl. (Starting to sweat.)
- Oxbow Cardigan. Sarah is running a KAL for this in November, and I have red Fibre Co Arranmore tweed yarn for it. Will I knit it this year? Who knows?
- Hot Waffles Hat and Mitts. I have some beautiful blue yarn for this.
- Sunset Slouch.
- Cabin Kitchen Towel Set.
- A Scarf for Hans.
HAHAHA there is no way I will finish all of these projects in 2020-2021. But at least they are on a list now. And yes, I still have more yarn!
My goal for design is to sketch a design 5 days each week, and knit one of my own designs in this 2020-2021 year. It can be anything. It might be a headband. It is not allowed to be a blue beanie.
- Yates Coat in navy wool.
- Cotton Twill Ottobre Cargo Pants. I have navy stretch twill and gray twill fabric for these.
- Poudre linen curtains. The linen is a very soft pink. We are just waiting on the curtain rods and I will get started. Yay, more rectangles and straight lines to sew!
Coffee filters. I use a pour over and I have been using muslin bags to filter the coffee and it is such a mess! I have some organic hemp and cotton on the way. This should be a quick and gratifying make.
- Sew something amazing with this plaid flannel!
- String my violin.
- Sign up for online lessons.
- Daily practice.
- Weekly lesson.
- By June 30, 2021 I want to be able to video myself playing a song for you. Don’t get too excited. It will probably be a very basic song. But once I surprised my friends (and myself) by launching into an improv version of Three Blind Mice. So who knows?
Remember way back in November 2019 when I purchased a tapestry loom? I also dyed some Cotswald SE2SE yarn with turmeric and it came out so beautiful. Well, I want to weave some placemats with it. The gold will look hideous with our pink tile, so maybe they will be gifted.
I think I may be on the 10 year plan for Year of Projects.