I hear there’s a “20 in 2020” thing going around. 20 what? I don’t know, but I’ve decided for me, it will be things to make. Here is my list.
- Twilight Toujours (95% there!) I am loving how my gradient dyeing turned out and it is exciting whenever I switch to a new cake of yarn. Charis Walker of Tarheelbilly Farm is in the latest issue of Vogue Knitting! Sometimes I want to call this Tunis Toujours. It is so soft! And sometimes I call it Hollis, which is the sheep’s name.
- Celtic Myths (90% there!)
- Shetland Tweed Throw
- Farmhouse Cardigan
- The Oa
- Peerie Flooers
- Arranmore Staghorn
- Midnight Merino Raglan
- Bousta Beanie
- Winter Ferns Hat in Gryffindor colors
- Toe Up Socks (I think I am going to frog it and start over with a more exciting yarn from my stash, especially since I really don’t want to make the same pair of socks twice)
- Jessica Jones Cowl from my Hogsmeade Forbidden Fibers (because it brings out my hair and my eyes!)
Only 4 sweaters! That’s progress!
- Billie Jumpsuit (pattern is pieced and cut, fabric is washed)
- Ace (I picked up a remnant for this at Sew to Speak)
- Jill Coat in Black Roses Bonded Knit
- Rachel blouse
- I want to make a tailored coat out of my navy wool flannel, but I haven’t found a pattern yet.
- Something out of this amazing cotton flannel I picked up on sale at Sew to Speak. I think I would like to make a jacket, but again, I haven’t seen a pattern that is quite right. Since I accidentally automatically got resubscribed to Ottobre, maybe there will be a jacket pattern in one of their magazines I like.
I guess I like jackets as much as I like sweaters!
I am part of a group show in November, so I will need to figure out my pieces for that. I will probably continue with the wet and needle felted paintings. I do not have a subject yet. Even though I will probably make 2-4 pieces, I will count this as one make.
I’m going to weave a couple of placemats out of my turmeric dyed Cotswold. That’s 20!