Itinerarium Maraudentium

I finished my Seamwork York Blouse. How did I fit the pattern on the fabric? You may ask. And I’m glad you did.

I cut the front on the bare minimum of fold needed. Then I cut the back on folded fabric as close to the selvage as possible.

After this, I used the center of the fabric to cut out the sleeves. I had to double it horizontally, which means I had to cut it into two pieces – one for each sleeve – and turn it around since the fabric is directional.

Then I cut the cuffs out of the other side of the fabric left after the front was cut on the fold. I even have fabric left!

I see Harry Potter themed project and notions bags in my future.

I didn’t want a tie at the back, so as I was looking through my buttons I found this clasp.

It looks perfect but it comes undone a little too easily. I’ll have to think about how I can improve it.

8 thoughts on “Itinerarium Maraudentium

Leave a Reply to compassionknit Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s