“Three tomatoes are walkin’ down the street. Papa Tomato, Mama Tomato and Baby Tomato. Baby Tomato starts lagging behind, and Papa Tomato gets really angry. Goes back and squishes him and says: Ketchup!” — Pulp Fiction
I feel a little like Baby Tomato these days.
I finished my Emerson Pants. I’m pleased overall, but would like to suggest for the waistband that you fold it under on the inside and finish it by hand rather than what the instructions say. Because the pleats are thick I ended up with serger trauma.
It had been so long since I had sewn a waistband I didn’t think ahead on this one. I doubled-down on the stitching. Here’s hoping it survives the washing machine.
I am almost finished with the sleeve section on Cricket Hitofude and plan to be on to the next section today, unless my lilac heather cumulus blouse lures me away with its misty seamless stockinette lull. I finished one chart repeat on the edge of Celtic Myths, and it is so pretty. I look forward to diving into that monogamously at some point soon.
I bought two dress patterns from Grainline Studios and a custom fit jeans pattern from Bootstrap Fashion. I think I have enough natural linen left over to sew one of these dresses, but I’m hoping for an Etsy gift card for my upcoming birthday so I can order more linen from Lithuania.
This week I worked in my studio on some samples for our artisan partners in Kenya. I really enjoyed it and I’m hoping to be able to do more design work in future.
1. You’re sitting in your crafting chair or crafty couch, what else are you doing? Do you like to watch TV or maybe a movie? What are your favorites? Do you watch things more than once? Do you listen to podcasts? Do you prefer an audiobook?
I am usually watching a movie or tv show, preferably horror, sci fi, or UK/Euro mystery with beautiful scenery. I have recently started listening to audiobooks. The Shetland mysteries are my current favorite and I enjoy trying to say “murrrderrrr” like the narrator, and failing miserably every time.
2. What is your preferred drink? Are you having coffee, tea or maybe a tall frosty glass of beer? Do you have a snack? Do you like to reward yourself after a particularly long row or repeat?
Coffee or wine, depending on the time of day. I also like tea and shortbread cookies if it is afternoon. Sometimes I like herbal tea.
3. Do you craft alone or are you surrounded by your family and pets? Do they talk or whine while you’re counting? Are they understanding about the time you spend on your craft?
If I am crafting at home I am usually on the couch with Bob and our cat, JoJo. In the studio, where I do the majority of sewing and designing, I am usually alone.
1. What’s your favorite Pet movie?
I do not have a favorite pet movie.
2. Have you, do you play video games?
Not if I can avoid it. When the boys were younger they were always asking me to play video games with them, and I would only do so begrudgingly.
3. Discussing air travel with a friend recently, made me think about this question. Do you like take off and landings? Do you enjoy the cruising time on a plane?
I enjoy the adrenaline of the take off and landing. I also enjoy the knitting/reading/sleeping time of the cruising. I enjoy air travel, except the waiting in line at the airport time.
4. Mason Dixon recently asked, Do you prefer fair isle or Duplicate stitch? So I’ll ask that of you as well. Which do you prefer?
Fair Isle, of course.
5. Did you see the SNL skit last weekend about women who hate to shop for clothing? It was spot on! Do you like to shop for clothing? Google it: The Shopping Experience for People Who Hate Shopping….
I did not but I will google it.
6. Some people love those interchangeable needles. Do you?
I hate interchangeable needles because the yarn always gets caught on the join.
7. Have you ever called the Fire Department?
No, thank goodness.
8. Do you know anyone who had a home birth? ( how random is this? at least the question is not did you call the fire department during your home birth.right?)
Yes I’m pretty sure I know several people who have had a home birth. My first two were born in a freestanding birth center, which was very like a home birth.
9. Boiled egg, Cadbury Egg, or Marshmallow Egg?
10. When was the last time you rode on a bus?
Probably last summer. I enjoy riding on the bus!
Dang, now I wish I had a marshmallow egg.